Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Currently // June 11, 2018



Around Here | The family and I just got back from a 4 day vacation to Cherokee, North Carolina. It was wonderful. We packed a lot of fun in our 2 full days there and learned a lot about the lives the Cherokee have led and lead now. It was sad, but also inspirational. And the area is gorgeous. We did a lot of hiking Saturday, it was gorgeous, and this mama is SO. SORE.
Reading | I've been flitting from book to book, true to my "capricious" nature and have had trouble settling on anything. After the death of Anthony Bourdain, I started a reread of Kitchen Confidential. It's so good and so sad and my heart hurts. 
Listening | I started listening to Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans after a recommendation from my bestest best friend Andiroo. My spiritual life has been in a bit of an uproar, as my family left our home church for another one, and Andi thought this would help. It has. So. Much.
I'm also listening to a heck of a lot of podcasts. My current count is 109. *facepalm*
Watching | Whatever crap my kids have on. Right this minute it's The Loud House on Nickelodeon. It's one of the few things they watch and doesn't drive me completely batpoop crazy.
Blogging | Well, surprise surprise, this is my first post in my new home.
Loving | My precious family. They drive me up the flipping wall very often, very very often, but God, I adore their precious heads. 
Hating | Kids dying of cancer.
Anticipating | I am finding the older I get, the more I want to learn. About EVERYTHING. So, I'm anticipating the next fascinating thing I learn. There is so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment